How one of Norway’s leading investment banks bridged the AML knowledge gap
A top Norwegian investment bank needed a comprehensive training solution to certify hundreds of employees in anti-money laundering regulations. The bank’s L&D team had previously relied on e-learning or classroom training to upskill staff with mixed results.
With the AML App, all employees were certified within a few weeks. But their learning journey did not stop there. After certification, the engaging gamified app design led staff to continue to train, recording unprecedented numbers:
- After completion, average playthroughs continued for a further 52 minutes, a 108% increase.
- Staff completed each scenario an average of more than 8 times.
- After certification, staff then completed over 2.5 times as many repetitions to continually improve their scores.
Who is the AML App designed for?
All companies and enterprises have a responsibility to prevent misuse for money laundering purposes, as stated in EU’s fourth anti-money laundering directive (DIRECTIVE (EU) 2015/849), article 46 (1). In order to safeguard this social responsibility, employees of the company must know how to detect customers, suppliers, partners, or others who abuse the enterprise to conceal or launder proceeds of criminal offenses.
- The AML app upskills employees on how money laundering occurs and what they can do to prevent it.
- The AML app ensures that employees receive the training required by the European Banking Authority (EBA) Guidelines, contributes regular updates, and provides documentation that employees have completed this training.